It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:20 am

Firmware Upgrade 

Post Firmware Upgrade
Hi,

To all early users of the Optimus, the new firmware version fixes LOTS of problems.

Mine wouldnt respond to ANY dynamic functions, and seemed to be stuck on the default windows layout.

I also had to manually copy any created layouts by hand to the SD card by removing it from the keyboard and putting the SD card in a reader.

It also seems to offer VERY little functionality on a Mac, if nothing other than normal and caps lock keys.

To upgrade the firmware, download it from http://optimus.artlebedev.com/maximus/f ... -V061b.zip and unzip the contents.

Now, unplug the USB and Power leads from the keyboard.

Inside the Kensington Lock hole on the back of the keyboard, there is a tiny micro switch. Using a small blunt NON METALLIC object, press and hold this
switch and reapply the power but NOT the USB lead. The keyboard will NOT do its normal power on self test, and appear dead, that is normal!

Windows will redetect the hardware and promp for a driver for the device, browse to the firmware folder and choose the driver in the 'Driver_For_DFU' folder.

If windows throws up the 'Driver is unsigned' prompt, choose 'Install Anyway'

Then run the MassDFUApplication.exe. This should detect the keyboard in DFU mode. Choose MODE > Setup.

Under 'Please select the number of devices visable in program mode' choose 1

Under 'Select Firmware' browse to the firmware file (at the moment it is OM113_V061b.ebn) and choose open.

If a message appears 'The file does not contain a DFU suffix.' just click OK

Choose MODE > Program

In the Top Left hand corner there should be a big 1 in a blue square. Click 'Start Automatic Programming'

The square will turn yellow and the bar will advance along till done

When done, the square will turn green.

Disconnect the USB Lead and exit the software.

Remove the power lead from the keyboard, wait a couple of seconds, plug it back in.

Enjoy your newly upgraded keyboard. :mrgreen:

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:27 am

Post Re: Firmware Upgrade
Hi,

Followed th above instructions after a firmware update crashed windows.

The keyboard has come to life but the configurator crashes on startup and cannot see the optimus.

Help please !!

Thanks

Windows Vista ultimate OS.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:24 pm

Post Re: Firmware Upgrade
Sounds like optimus configurator is not installed properly or there is a problem with the connection on your computer, assuming that the keyboard is indeed 'back to life'.

I would suggest first that you test the keyboard on another machine to rule out problems with the keyboard, configurator, and your computer independantly.

If this problem occured because of a critical crash of your pc then I might suggest (dare I say it) a complete reinstall of windows is required.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:05 pm