It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:22 pm

0.77d hangs for me 

Post 0.77d hangs for me
Hi there. Anyone else experiencing these problems with 0.77d / 0.0.0.18?

1.I have the keyboard on for about 14 hours a day, and during this time the display on the keys will freeze up 5 or 6 times. If I power-cycle it, everything comes back.

2. The layers I have created do not really work. If I switch to my selected application, the layout does not change until I open up the configurator window. But then that layout remains current until I again fool around with the configurator. I assumed the layers changed automatically depending upon the currently active app.

I'm running a regularly-updated PC with Vista Business. Nothing is plugged into the OM's USB slots.

Thanks.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:58 am

Post Re: 0.77d hangs for me
are support still as bad as I have been reading? I've contacted them a couple of times now and not even a "we'll look into it" type of reply.

Am I the only person whose OM's displays freeze so frequently? Somehow I would be surprised...

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:12 am

I am using my om on Windows 7 now and I am not seeing any freezing, but I did upgrade from XP. So unless this is an issue relating to Vista only I am not aware of other forum users with this problem. It was more prolific with the older firmwares.

I might be so bold to suggest a driver problem, possibly in the system usb. But this may all be easily be resolved by reinstalling the Firmware for the om. I'm guessing at this stage. My main concern is the fact that you say the layers you created don't really work and that doesn't sound right at all.

Art support can be a little slow at times but they are on this forum and may answer you shortly.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:13 am
Art Lebedev Software Developer

timns,

1. You are running a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of windows?
2. You refer to the problems with 0.77d/0.0.0.18. Does it mean that with earlier versions everything worked fine?
3. OM connected to PC directly or with hub?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:50 am

Pretender wrote:
timns,

1. You are running a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of windows?
2. You refer to the problems with 0.77d/0.0.0.18. Does it mean that with earlier versions everything worked fine?
3. OM connected to PC directly or with hub?

1. 32 bit, all critical and important updates applied
2. I have not really tried rolling back to older versions. I only got the keyboard a week or so back
3. Directly

Things are much more stable if I have the keyboard set to 'sleep' after 30 seconds. But when I'm really flying and using a lot of control and shift key combinations, it's much more likely to freeze.

I'll try rolling back to various older versions of the firmware.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:09 am

mostdom wrote:

I might be so bold to suggest a driver problem, possibly in the system usb. But this may all be easily be resolved by reinstalling the Firmware for the om.

Question: what's the recommended way to do that please?

Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:24 pm

There is two ways. The best way is to use the downgrade option in the configurator. I have downgraded my OM a few times without problems.

You can also manually downgrade with these instructions. Just use the zip file off the optimus maximus website instead of the one in the post. This option is more complicated and can harm your keyboard if done wrong. I have also used this option several times. ;)

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:17 pm

timns, please, downgrade firmware to 0.76b via Configurator and report does "freeze" problem persists.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:12 am

0.77c has been stable for the whole day so far. No freezes. I hope that helps you to track down what has happened to make 0.77d less stable.

Thanks for the suggestions and help everyone.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:25 am

It's very strange - 0.77c and 0.77d differ very little. To help us better understand the problem, tell me what version firmware you had before upgrade to 0.77d? Thank you.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:35 am