It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:02 pm

How to change the basic layer 

Post How to change the basic layer
Hello,
I got my 47 OLED key keyboard today and have been messing with the software and settings with relative success, however i have run into one problem that i cannot get my head around and am wondering if any one has any insight. Im using windows 7 64-Bit.

My problem is ive been trying to change the basic layout of the keyboard, the layout which is there when your just on the desktop (no programs open to change the keyboard) i can not figure out to do this, does it need to be on the SD card, if so where and what files. Also whats the permission setting so that it wil change when i open for example itunes which has its own layout programmed in?

Also how do you link keys to buttons in programs that are not automatically supported by the keyboard? e.g Play/Pause etc are already supported but what if i want to link a key/button to a button in Visual basic or Adobe Premier?

Oh and one final note, how do i get a key to display the itunes album art work?

Other than this im really enjoying my keyboard and any help will be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks
Sam

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 am

Post Re: How to change the basic layer
Hi Sam

Firstly welcome to the forum. Your first problem is simple, with the Configurator installed you can modify the layers but I guess you figured that already. However if you look at the layers section and look down to where listed is your chosen keyboard language and Control Button layers. This is where the magic is.
Selecting the layer 'main' under you keyboard language you will see the yellow highlighted section appear as keys on the large depicted keyboard. Now just select one of those keys with your mouse. What do you get??? Under the keyboard you will get the key properties, options to change the font colour, bold italic, its all there. You can also select multiple keys by dragging a box around all the keys you want. You can also permanently set your new layer to the default layer for when configurator isn't running.

Button in programs which are not key related can only work using the macro. I'm not so good here but if those buttons can be applied using key shortcuts then you can use the macro to apply commands like ctrl+alt+del to action those commands. It can do more advanced things but I can't. Maybe you'll fair better.

and Unfortunately the iTunes keyboard apps were only ever written for the mac configurator software. (BOOOOO) :evil:

Yer I know that sucks but maybe one day they'll do it for us???

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:13 am