It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 am

Dazed and confused 

Post Dazed and confused
I just got the keyboard today, trying to adjust the typing on it (I'm used to the MS Elite keyboard, so the spacing on the OM is really different.)

I'm having a real hard time understanding how the layers work. In addition, I have some odd behavior. Right now, typing in Firefox, hitting the shift key gives the capital keys like it should. When I'm in Everquest2, I only get the lower case display. If I hit the shift key I can get capitals, but they don't display on the keys.

Any good resources for how to use the configurator, and any ideas what is going on with my applications?

Thanks

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:34 am

Post Re: Dazed and confused
sacremon wrote:
When I'm in Everquest2, I only get the lower case display. If I hit the shift key I can get capitals, but they don't display on the keys.

Did you make your layer (Everquest2) with a paint program? You would need to make a seperate paint layer, to work with a shift condition.

Below the user setup groups and layers, you will see the default language layers which look like you cannot modify. However if you go into each section, e.g. Shift+caps, Caps, Shift... You can drag a box around all the keys and choose a new font type, size, colour, for all. You will need to do this separately for each layer type.
Attachment:
File comment: Draged
Image3.gif
Image3.gif [ 71.39 KiB | Viewed 12910 times ]

If you wanted special buttons as well as letters keys, you can paint only the keys you want and leave the rest as standard.
There are no manuals on this at the moment or at least non that I know of yet.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:22 pm

Dont worry sacremon, am the same. Infact so dazed and confused I've only used it for an hour MAXIMUM!
I cant get used to it and when I try to get a layer that 'actually works' with an application/game, I get no where or it crashes and then I put the KB back in the box.

Welcome to a world where u wonder.... why and what have I bought! am sorry but thats my opinion. If were BETA testers/early adopters what ever you want to call us, whats in it for us? we all paid full price for the KB, we all waited a long time for it, and still NO clear manual.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:29 pm

Okay, one bit of confusion cleared up - Everquest2 doesn't appear in the application list, so it must not be applying any layers but the default Main layer to it. Odd, I would have expected it to apply all the default layers, but it is not.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:57 pm

from when i got it out the box I couldnt get it too launch Steam.exe :( (on one of those 10 keys)

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:50 pm

sacremon wrote:
Everquest2 doesn't appear in the application list, so it must not be applying any layers but the default Main layer to it. Odd, I would have expected it to apply all the default layers, but it is not.

Optimus has an issue in windows regarding the application list. I believe this will be sorted out soon! When I run my apps/games, I have to apply the layer I want to be visable, although I have noticed that there seems to be some importance to the order that the layers appear, otherwise they'll all appear over the top of each other. I think it is important to disable the layers that you are not using.

This is how I have mine through normal use. Notice the unused tick boxes, and the order they are in! Important stuff is my default custom layer.
Attachment:
File comment: My layout
Image1.gif
Image1.gif [ 22.84 KiB | Viewed 13271 times ]

Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:47 am

I noticed that 0.0.9 was released, which included the ability to add applications to the list. I added Everquest2.exe to the list and set up icons for the function keys on the left, linking the group and layer for when everquest2.exe is active.

When I have everquest2 as the active window, the icons do not appear on the keyboard. The only way I can do that is to have the configurator active and select that layer.

So what am I doing wrong?

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:17 am

mod edit: no double posting

Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi Baffled

Please don't double post as it can make it difficult to answer. I have responded to your other post here.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:18 pm

sacremon wrote:
I noticed that 0.0.9 was released, which included the ability to add applications to the list. I added Everquest2.exe to the list and set up icons for the function keys on the left, linking the group and layer for when everquest2.exe is active.

When I have everquest2 as the active window, the icons do not appear on the keyboard. The only way I can do that is to have the configurator active and select that layer.

So what am I doing wrong?

I have the same issue with America's Army game (AA). When I launch the game the keys won't change, even though I have set it in the program list with a new layer I created. The only thing I can see is that my AA game is not on my C: drive, its on my E: drive. Can this be the cause of the problem? The game was not in the list originally, I had to browse for it.
I am using XP SP2..

Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:57 am