It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:57 pm

0.77d hangs for me 

Post Re: 0.77d hangs for me
Pretender wrote:
It's very strange - 0.77c and 0.77d differ very little. To help us better understand the problem, tell me what version firmware you had before upgrade to 0.77d? Thank you.

When I first got the keyboard I think it was on 0.67b, but I updated immediately.

0.77c and 0.77d may differ very little, but I've been stable ever since downgrading. With one exception: my '7' key just went mad - strobing at full frame rate. But that's the only issue in 12 hours of use today.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:59 pm
Art Lebedev Software Developer

I have a guess, and only you can help me to verify it. I suppose that after downgrade to 0.77c you not returned to 0.77d. If so, please, upgrade to 0.77d and if problems returns - downgrade back. And report results. You don't have to do this - you can follow these instructions if you are as curious as I am to find out if it'll work.

Regarding your "strobing" problem - looks like '7' key or any nearest key is broken. You can use Key Remover Tool and spare keys to replace them. Don't forget power off Maximus before this operation.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:45 am

OM is now apparently stable after updating to 0.77d again.

No freezes all day, when before I would have had to power-cycle the keyboard many times by now.

So what was all that about? Did you have a theory?

'7' key is fine again. It only went funny once. Also, my layers are working. I'll finish off the ones I started to define and upload if anyone is interested: Delphi 2010 and Intellij Idea IDEs.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:53 am
Art Lebedev Software Developer

It's look like first update v67b -> v77d for some reason went wrong. This may be caused by problems in the old firmware (67). With the new versions should not be repeated. Thank you for your help.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Maybe it's worth posting a sticky about that - I'm sure other folks may bump into the same problem. And since your suggestion, everything has been extremely stable, and the layers are working as intended too.

Now all I want to do is reduce the 'clackiness' of the keyboard. Time to get that Gaffer's Tape...

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:10 am