It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:55 am

64bit compatible. 

Post 64bit compatible.
I know that development on Optimus Maximus is all but dead but I'm coming begging.
My 32bit Windows7 PC has just died and can not be repaired or recovered so i am now look at getting a new PC.
Reading through the forum it would appear the the keyboard and its Configurator software are not 64bit compatible.

Please, Please, Please make a 64bit version of the software. 64bit machines is almost all that is available now so it would make sense to do so in my opinion.

I had the keyboard setup to do many things and would be lost without it yet i can't afford to replace it with the newer "Popularis" keyboard which i would assume is compatible with 64bit computers.

Please....

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:37 am

Post Re: 64bit compatible.
I don't see a problem here.
All 32-bit software is compatible with 64-bit OS/hardware environment.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:24 pm

I thought it shoudl work but reading around the boards it didn't sound like it would.

Anyway i hooked it up and it works. The PC won't boot up whilst the Optimus Maximus is plugged in and powered and and it seems to be a little slower than it used to be on changing between layers? It also for some reason won't change to some of the layers iether? I'll work away at it and try figure it out?

But it work. :D :D

Thanks.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:13 am

I think i figured out what folk were on about and 64bit compatiblity??

The software will NOT switch layers when the application is a 64bit application. It switches layers fine if it's an application in the "Program Files (x86)" folder ( 32bit) but doesn't seem to recognise applications in the "Program Files" folder for the 64bit stuff.

That's assuming the keyboard wants to play fair in the first place. Sometimes it works and sometimes it locks up. Deffinantly room for development there me thinks.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Well,

since it seems that development is still going on with something which is definitely more "modern", I guess the old customers base and product are still there, probably willing to keep going with such Future's products...

And willing to spend money again...

I think it would be a great mistake not considering a small update on Maximus software to support 64 bit application correct Handling.

It shouldn't be SOOO hard... and it might be a good test for the upcoming software...

If developers have been so "clever" to put their signatures inside the keyboard, they should know there might be more than one customer out there willing to "collect" all their creations... Don't you think so ??? :-P

Let's wait for the v0.0.0.19 Configurator Version then... (haven't they been too cautious with release numbers ???)

:-)

mix

Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:56 am
Art Lebedev Software Developer

Indeed the x64 software require another hook for keyboard events capture and active application detection. We'll test this in our Optimus Popularis Configurator and then port it back to Optimus Maximus Configurator. So I hope it will be fixes in 6 months.

Till then we recommend to activate such layers by key press. To do this you need to change layer activation condition from "Application" to "Switch by action", set "Toggle condition" as the key action and select the desired level.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks Moko. Nice to hear there is still the chance of future developments with the Maximus Keyboard. :D

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:05 am

Itsagizmo wrote:
...The PC won't boot up whilst the Optimus Maximus is plugged in and powered...

Well, I just build a new PC (based on Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI and haswell i5-4670k) and guess what. It won't boot with Optimus Maximus plugged in. :(
How did you solve this problem?
I have dual boot machine and I need keyboard to be functional while booting up.

PS
I noticed that while OM plugged in if you would wait for about 3 minutes initial POST screen will appear. Then PC freezes for another ~3 minutes and finally will start to boot up.
I hate to replace OM but can't wait every time PC to boot for 5-10 minutes...

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:38 pm
Art Lebedev Software Developer

> I noticed that while OM plugged in if you would wait for about 3 minutes initial POST screen will appear. Then PC freezes for another ~3 minutes and finally will start to boot up.

You may try to disable boot from USB devices. Looks like BIOS trying to boot from Maximus disk.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:51 pm

MoKo wrote:
You may try to disable boot from USB devices. Looks like BIOS trying to boot from Maximus disk.

Already tried this. No help.
Anyhow I was saying that PC won't pass POST with OM plugged in (I mean it does but with several minutes delay). So the problem occurs before booting process even initiated.
Using simple wireless keyboard for now. It works just fine.
As an option I will try different OM firmwares. Maybe this will help.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:18 pm