It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:33 am

USB hub fried 

Post USB hub fried
I plugged my iPhone into one of the USB ports on my keyboard this morning, and within 20 seconds something had gone terribly wrong. The iPhone was not recharging and the keyboard was no longer being recognized by my PC. Having done some research since then (good thing I kept my old keyboard from years ago) the phone not charging is likely due to fuses being blown from a power surge. I suspect that the power surge is also responsible for the Optimus being out of commission. Anyone have any experience with this? My keyboard is no doubt out of warranty (it was amongst the first ones shipped).

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Post Re: USB hub fried
Ouch! That might be one of the ones with the signatures printed on the inside. It might well be out of warranty but have you tries contacting ArtLebedev support. Might be worth a punt.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 pm

mostdom wrote:
Ouch! That might be one of the ones with the signatures printed on the inside. It might well be out of warranty but have you tries contacting ArtLebedev support. Might be worth a punt.

So it would seem.

Did a quick look for a fuse, didn't see anything that looks like one, so I will contact them regarding it.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:27 am

Over a month has gone by since I emailed mailbox@artlebedev.com and then later support@artlebedev.com, with nary a reply. Are they still in business?

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 am

I Have sent a Private message to support for help. Been a while since I asked for support so don't know what the response time might be. I believe they are still in business but they have always been a little slow.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:19 am
Art Lebedev Software Developer

The letter was indeed unanswered for unknown reasons, sorry to that. It is answered now.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:35 am