It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:00 pm

Optimus start up issue 

Post Optimus start up issue
Hi all,

This post is for both others that exprience the same and for developers.

Something that i've been expriencing shortly after purchasing my KB and haven't been able to get help on is my OM startup sequence. I remember when i first took my OM out of the box and powered it up it would go thourgh its boot sequence by checking all the keys and then the default layout would appear.

After an update was released my KB stopped doing that, instead soon as I apply power all my keys light up with Red Squares (exactly as the functions keys do by default) until its connected to the PC, then it displays what ever configurator has loaded like my game layouts. This also happens once the Optimus driver (tray icon) is quit, so this means when windows shutsdown so does my keyboard (red sqaures).

I've spoken to support at great length and have replaced my SD card and reloaded firmware and still nothing. Red squares are meant to be an indicator of faulty SD memory! so i'm told.

To the guys at support I have been speaking with "Konstantine" and still have not had this issue resolved, despite suggestions. I will followup with an email directing you to this post.

Everyone else: have you had this issue also.

Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:58 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Optimus start up issue
Hi Zoran. I have not had this problem but I will admit that my first thoughts would also be some sort of sd card problem.

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:49 pm

tried everything possible regarding the SD card, its a damn shame

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:36 pm
Profile WWW

When I plug in my Op keyboard without my card inserted I get a full set of red squares. While fiddling with the keyboard I even got it to work without the sd card like yours.

I am assuming that Art support have given you all the right files to put on the sd card, and how to do a manual firmware upgrade or downgrade. If all this has failed then maybe it's faulty and needs to be replaced. Shame indeed! :(

Tell me what you see on the memory card when loaded into another card reader? You should see a list of directories numbered 00 to 14 and optimus directory and a contrast text file or at least thats what I have.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:26 am

Hey mostdom,

first off thanks for taking the time to compare the behaviour of your maximus.

yeah support have shown me how to load the firmware manually and once i've done that i have a whole bunch of numbered files which appear to be the default layout preset, just appears to not want to read those files. Thing is i can read media off the SD card even whilst its plugged into the keyboard so its not like to port isn't working. Just that it won't boot with the files.

for further comparison, did you plug your keyboard into your PC without the SD card present? if its anything like mine your keyboard should work as normal just that you won't see your layers until configurator/optimus driver has launched.

Attachments:
File comment: Red squares of death
DSC02476.JPG
DSC02476.JPG [ 150.31 KiB | Viewed 13161 times ]
Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:21 am
Profile WWW

I see exactly the same when I load mine without the card in, and when the software finally loads, then the keys display the layers. What I might suggest is I can post a zip of my card content for you, which is slightly modified, for you to try.

Basically without plugging the usb in you should see a complete keyboard layout when powered up with the card inserted.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:38 am

more than willing to try, although i do remember once doing that as a suggestion by support once upon a time.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:54 am
Profile WWW

So I had a long thought about your problem and here is my idea to try. Here is a snap shot of the contents of the virtual drive which you see when the keyboard is plugged in. NOTE: This is different to the sd card content.
Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 62.16 KiB | Viewed 13147 times ]

BACKUP THE CONTENTS OF YOUR DRIVE FIRST Then using a separate card reader insert the contents of these zip files to the sd card. You could format the card first but note the card has no name lable and is formatted with FAT.
Attachment:
Sd card content 1.zip [1.12 MiB]
Downloaded 802 times
Attachment:
Sd card content 2.zip [1.1 MiB]
Downloaded 720 times

These have been modified for my preferences but if it works you could change them back using the optimus software.

Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:38 am

Zoran wrote:
Thing is i can read media off the SD card even whilst its plugged into the keyboard so its not like to port isn't working.

I can't. I can read the Virtual drive which contains a different set of files as displayed in my screen shot. The SD card needs to contain the directories labeled 00 to 14 as described earlier.

I can give you these files as well if you think you need them.

Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:45 am

Ok we have progress!

I've been dealing with MoKo (Konstantin) and the team have been able to put together a new firmware build which has helped (v.077d)

my keyboard now lights up with the default layout in an instant however i still dont get the factory startup sequence (key flashing).. hopefully that will get addressed at some stage also

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:00 am
Profile WWW