It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:11 am

Key Screen fading ??? Not "burned", but... 

Key Screen fading ??? Not "burned", but...
Dear All,

I would like to investigate an event which happened to me and is not really clear...

Last week I noticed ONE key (just one !!!) which was not really behaving well: the luminosity of that key (the one immediately on the right of the space bar) was no equal to all other keys and this difference was also not a firm difference, but it was gradually spread on the key in a diagonal way...

Well I tried explaining with the words once, but I'll try even twice...

That key luminosity was fading diagonally starting from the bottom right corner of that OLED display (luminosity almost correct) to the top left corner of the same OLED display (luminosity almost 50% less)...

I immediately had a quick visual check on all other keys and there were no similar problems, but I got somewhat scared...
I immediately remembered I received a couple of spare keys in the box, so I looked for them...
I had to get the display from one of the spares and to put into that key (which is larger than a normal key) and to fit it back...
Well, the problem was not there anymore, but I really hope this won't be a matter of time before other keys will behave similarly...

Is there anyone else reporting such a behaviour ???

Thank you for your appreciated feedback (before I get in contact with ArtLebeDev...)

Ciao
Mix

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:35 pm

Post Re: Key Screen fading ??? Not "burned", but...
Nothing like this here. Just regular burn-ins.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:04 am

I agree with niko. I suspect that you may have had a poor connection of the screen and some fiddling has cleared it.

I admit that I too have had some unusual things occurring on my keyboard at times, but all have been put right.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:49 am

i had the same problem and replacing the key fixed it

in my case i didnt replace it right when i noticed it, because i wanted to see if it would fix itself. its didnt after about a week (i think it actually got much dimmer) so i replaced it and it looks great now. now if the new key stars dimming ive got a problem....

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:39 am