It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:05 pm

keys are dying 

Post keys are dying
HELP !

My keyboard arrived yesterday - it worked for approx 4 hours and then the key in the L5 slot stopped working - just went dark.
The box came with 2 spare keys so i popped one in (disconnected the power first) - when I turned the keyboard back on it would not boot correctly - the top row, the left panel and the first two keys on the second row were dark. So I switched off again and tried the other spare - same result .

Tried the spares in a different slot and they worked BUT when I took them out again and put the original keys back I got the strange dark keys again - now the only way the keyboard will boot correctly (i.e. no dark keys) is if i leave ALL the keys I removed out - I now have 4 keys out of the keyboard :(

Do I have to re-set something when I switch keys to tell the system new keys are installed? The lack of any proper manual with this thing is a real issue. Please say yes, I can't stand the thought of having a dead duck on my hands after all the waiting - I have emailed support but no response yet.

JR

Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:55 pm

Post Re: keys are dying
Atomic has just uploaded the manual Here, and there is a good trouble shooting section in there with regard to your problem.

It doesn't say anything about having to reset the keyb after removing any keys.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Post Re: keys are dying
Yes - a manual at last! That is good but it is a tad short on information and does not really help me - there are only so many ways to plug the keys in correctly - none of the 6 (4 original and 2 spare) keys removed now work - I am unwilling to try and remove any others in case more die on me.

JR

Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:45 am