It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:30 pm

Optimus Maximus Configurator Win 0 0 18 Won't Open 

Post Optimus Maximus Configurator Win 0 0 18 Won't Open
I have had my keyboard since 2009. No Problems. My hp recently died and had to be replaced. Every time I download the configurator software now to my new computer, everything seems to work, but when I go to run configurator, it will not open at all. What am I doing wrong? I am using Windows 7.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:49 am

Post Re: Optimus Maximus Configurator Win 0 0 18 Won't Open
I have windows 7 running with 0.0.18 with the keyboard on version 0.77b without any problems or adjustments.

Is your copy of windows 7 the 32 or 64 bit version, and does you computer recognise the optimus keyboard?

64bit windows is not compatable!

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:51 am

I was trying to run it in BOOTCAMP on a Mac Mini. No problems on the MAC side of things but Windows 7 would go through the entire installation but would never allow the program to open. Any Windows 7 computer seems to boot the program right up with no problem. However, each person I asked that was running Windows 7 on a Mac that tried to run Configurator ran into the exact same problem. Anyone know how to boot up Configurator on a Mac running BOOTCAMP Windows 7??

Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:51 am

Ok is the keyboard working with bootcamp, can you type anything with it in win 7 emul? Even if it does work in emul the question to answer is who's drivers are actually running the keyboard?

I suspect that the mac OS takes over rendering any windows drivers inoperative, the only way to confirm this would be to plug in the keyboard after installing win7 and see if it asks for drivers. The windows drivers are now built into the configurator program.

Weather anyone has actually got it working I don't know, try emailing Lebedev support they are normall quite good.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:42 am

Thanks for the information. The keyboard worked with Windows 7 installed on MiniMac, however you could only use it in its basic configuration without Configurator. Configurator simply would not open. I ended up returning MiniMac and just going with a standard PC running Windows 7. Configurator runs just fine on PC. It ran fine on a Mac. It just doesn't run on a Mac running Windows 7. Every other PC-only program ran fine on the Mac version of Windows 7. Not sure what the problem was. Oh well.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:16 am