It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:14 am

Most important features needed... 

Post Most important features needed...
Should we start a list of the most important features wanted / needed to be added to the configurator??

My Input is as follows (I use a mac):

Support for mappable keys as included in v6 of the PC configurator

Support for Num Lock key

Missing plugins from mac version, Clock doesnt work on mine :cry:

If we get a sensible list, we could send this to Art. in one go, save pestering with endless emails asking for new features!

D

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:55 pm

Post Re: Most important features needed...
I don't know if these are important features, but just some stuff I'd like to see.

• A slideshow type plugin to display a series of images on a key at different intervals. I would keep it on one of the windows keys.
  • More system monitoring tools, like cpu and gpu temperature, perhaps the ability to have more than one per key so they don't take up too many spots. Image
  • The option to have the time on the clock written out in numbers, like 10:18am for example.
  • The ability to have a button control the brightness of the keyboard. Maybe have it have several steps, like 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%, and off.
  • Background images on keys. So you can have an image, but also the ability to adjust the font on the key with the configurator. Animated backgrounds would be nice, too.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:31 am

Ability to remap keys, to other keys scan code

At present, when used on a PC the Optimus is unusable....

When the keyboard layout is set to English(UK) there is NO backslash.

I know a backslash can be obtained by switching to USA layout, but its a real pain.

We MUST be able to remap keys to other unused keys.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:41 am
Site Admin

Optimus owners..

I really want to re establish this thread that lists your wishlist (stick to reality here please) of what you want out of the Optimus Maximus. Please keep this thread on topic and keep the drivel out - just 'to the point' answers so we can get Art Lebedev Studios to use our feedback to our advantage.

To start..
  • More responsive layout changes
  • application layers eg. final cut pro, Logic 8 etc
  • plugins, plugins, plugins - release an sdk or at least detailed developer docs so the world can write plugins too.
  • combined driver/configurater that runs more efficiently (OSX)
  • Customisable number pad fonts
  • Can OSX see the keyboard as a second monitor in displays prefs? EG. configure the keyboard as a second monitor @ 1104x288 pixels or similar ... each key 48x48 pixels (23 keys across x 48 pixels = 1104, 6 keys vertically x 48 pixels = 288)
  • keyboard screensaver plugins. I know we can activate a layer using the screensaver - but how about a plugin that IS a screensaver for the keyboard that is completely animated like a colourwheel or animated blocks etc?

Ill post more as they come to mind.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:59 pm

I would like a Full configurator backup option that would back up all of your layers, options, gifs, tiffs, bmps, etc to a save file. You know, just in case!

An easy animation effects kit. With the touch of a button do a full keyboard refresh from side to side, or cycle colours, and other cool and pointless effects. :D

Especially for mac users, a keyboard reset option built into configurator to save pulling the power cable.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:31 pm

Just thought. For those having to make there own layouts for various programs, a simple creator where the user chooses from a collection of pre drawn keys sorted into groups. Brush tools, text tools, media tools, guns, grenades, controls, commands, and blanks etc. By simply dropping the appropriate icon on a key, even a complete novice could be using their favorite program in minutes.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:58 am

What I would love to see is my screensaver (that's on the Mac) to also be displayed
on my gorgeous Optimus Maximus keyboard. That would be unbelievably cool!

Wed May 07, 2008 5:12 am
Profile YIM