It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:33 am

Frequent "Device Removal" on Mac OS X on MacPro 

Post Frequent "Device Removal" on Mac OS X on MacPro
This is driving me crazy: every few minutes or so Mac OS X (10.5.6) thinks the OMax kbd has been unplugged from USB. It pops up a "Device Removal" dialog, telling me the that device has been improperly removed. Sometimes I'm able to power-cycle the OMax and restart the driver and continue; other times I have to reboot.

I'm using the OMax on a MacPro, fwiw.

Thoughts? Fixes? Things to try?

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:02 am

Post Re: Frequent "Device Removal" on Mac OS X on MacPro
I forgot to mention that I'm using the latest OMax software (0.661) and firmware (0.74).

The sw/fw version numbers are telling - obviously Lebedev doesn't think they are 1.0 quality yet, and I'd surely agree. As a software engineer myself, I can both sympathize and empathize with trying to get hardware to work, having written plenty of device drivers and middlewware, for a zillion OS's. If I can help debug this thing, please contact me directly. I'd really like to have my very expensive keyboard finally working properly!!

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:08 am

Post Re: Frequent "Device Removal" on Mac OS X on MacPro
Hi jdm

I don't have a mac so I am not aware of the problem or how to fix it but have you noticed that the firmware is now up to 0.76b. This new firmware is a beta and can be found here.

If this is a fixable issue hopfully one of the devs will be on later to help you or maybe contact them directly via Art Support, they are normally quite good.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:02 pm