It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:27 pm

how can i change the standart layout? 

Post how can i change the standart layout?
Hello again,

now, that my optimus is working, i' m glad to present you my first confugurator problem ;-)

But this time, it's a simple one:

Is there a way to edit the standart layout, which i see when no specific program is running/active? At the moment there are media buttons in the left side of the keyboard (play, pause, forward etc.). But i would like to have buttons to start programs (like mail, firefox, photoshop ect.) there.

If, how can i do this?

Greetings

Holger

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:18 am

Post Re: how can i change the standart layout?
You can change the fonts on the buttons using the sections under your chosen language. Then just highlight the buttons on the onscreen keyboard and the edit options will appear below.

HERE on this post I have put up a screen shot of what is should look like.

To change the special buttons to perform actions you need to use the FUNCTIONS-EXECUTE option and provide a url address (http://www.web.com) or a path to the application. (c:/program files/program.exe) Here you will also be able to apply an image to your key.
Attachment:
File comment: Special keys
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg [ 180.62 KiB | Viewed 7425 times ]

Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:09 am

Hi mostdom,

thanks for your post, but the fonts aren't my problem. i want to chance the L1 - L10 Buttons on the left side of the keyboard. I want to chance their function when no program is running or active. For example when i am on the desktop. In the "Background" section of the configurator i cant chance them in the "controlls" layer - they are grey an if i click on them nothing appears in the "key properties" area.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Got it....reflashed the firmware....now it works...strange keyboard, but i (and we all) love it :-) )

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:44 am

derpfeffer wrote:
EDIT: Got it....reflashed the firmware....now it works...strange keyboard, but i (and we all) love it :-) )

I am assuming by that you have figured it out! ;)

None the less, To change the L1-L10 keys you must first create a new layer with no conditions, and just change the few things you want changed. This will then work with the default background. However while you can write that new information back to keyboard hardcoded layout any special key functionality will be lost. i.e. a url link will no longer work when not used with configurator.

Once you have figured out the configurator software it can be quite satisfying to make up some clever layouts and custom setups. Enjoy!

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:04 am