It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:20 pm

German Layout 

Post German Layout
Hi!

I got my optimus maximus in April and I finally managed to get Leopard and a PC to install the latest firmware and the latest version of the configurator. Far from being able to work with my new keyboard I am a little frustrated. You could enrich my life by answering the following questions:

I need a German layout. Is it true that I have to design it myself from scratch?

How do I change the fact that all letters are displayed in lower case? I'd like to have it as it is with a standard keyboard. The letters are always displayed as upper case but function as lower case until the shift key is pressed.

Where do I find the button to open my cd? On a mac keyboard it is on the far upper left.

Is there a place where I can download layers for popular software like firefox, final cut, phtoshop etc.? Or is the community so small that all of this hasn’t been done yet? How many optimus maximus have been sold?

Thanks
Oliver

I would find a video (screencast) helpful that helps with the basic setup and usage of the configurator.

Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:07 pm

Post Re: German Layout
heuler wrote:
I got my optimus maximus in April and I finally managed to get Leopard and a PC to install the latest firmware and the latest version of the configurator. Far from being able to work with my new keyboard I am a little frustrated. You could enrich my life by answering the following questions:

I need a German layout. Is it true that I have to design it myself from scratch?

How do I change the fact that all letters are displayed in lower case? I'd like to have it as it is with a standard keyboard. The letters are always displayed as upper case but function as lower case until the shift key is pressed.

Where do I find the button to open my cd? On a mac keyboard it is on the far upper left.

Is there a place where I can download layers for popular software like firefox, final cut, phtoshop etc.? Or is the community so small that all of this hasn’t been done yet? How many optimus maximus have been sold?

Hi Heuler and welcome to the forum.

1. No you won't have to set up your own language, the OM keyboard will be set up to use the default keyboard language of your pc. You can also have multiple languages set too.

2. Having the keys switch from lower case to upper case is one of the joys of having the OM but it is hard coded as far as I am aware so to stop that from happening you would have to create a new layer yourself.

3. I know it is possable to open the cd tray with a key command, but I don't know how. It would only need a string command so maybe someone else may provide us both with that as I too would like to have it.

4. There are some layers available on this forum HERE. there is one already for Photoshop. There were some hints that Artlebedev was going to provide some but I'm not holding my breath. I just make my own when I need them and share them on this forum.

5. There are 81 members on this forum, of which most do not post on the topics. I'm sure that many people who have bought the OM have not even found this forum. so my guess is that there could only be a several hundred OM keyboards sold in all.

I can provide you with screen shots of how to do things and there are already some help to found on this forum so let us know what you intend to do and we'll try our best to help you along.

Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:16 am