It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:20 am

Nothing happens when configurator is activaded - solved! 

Post Nothing happens when configurator is activaded - solved!
Hello,
first thing to mention: Im from germany, so appologise my bad english.
My problem is:
I cannot configure my optimus. I have updated the firmware to the newest ( i think 0.75), installed the latest software version (0.0.15) and told my anti virus to accept the optimus software.

But when i open the configurator, nothing happens. Id seems like the configurator doesnt notices that my optimus is plugged in. On my mac it works fine, but on my vista pc nothing happens. Does anybody knows, waht the problem could be?

Greeting

Holger

Last edited by derpfeffer on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:55 am

Post Re: Nothing happens when configurator is activaded
ok,
i formated my vista and istalled it again. the first thing i did with my fresh vista, was installing the driver (folder: Driver for DFU2) and the configurator. no other programm or driver was installt on my system! aaaand, it still doesnt work. when i open the configurator and click the "update" button, it says under "firmware version" current: divice not detected

anybody an idea what i can do?

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:22 am

no ideas? Anyone? Pleeease! :-(

Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:18 am

Does the keyboard work without the configurator software installed? It should work in default mode.

Have you tried another usb port, preferably a direct port off the motherboard and not off a hub. I would also try the keyboard on another machine, say like another vista machine and a xp machine.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:56 am

thaaaank you for your response!!!

yes, i tried all of my usb ports - no result. now i will try if it works on another windows pc and tell you the result

oh, and yes, it works in the default mode. the fu***** default mode is everything i see all the fu***** time...AAAAARRRRR :evil: :evil: :evil:

EDIT: I tryed it on my friends XP Laptop and the problem is the same. The cofigurator doesnt notices the optimus. could it be that something is broken that lets the keyboard work correctly under mac os but not under windows? or am i doing something wrong, on my pc and my friends laptop too?!

Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:41 am

Some other possible reasons.
- Defective USB Cable.
Do you use the same USB Cable for all the tests, or was there different cables on the other computers?

- Wrong installed driver
Are in the Windows device manger (german: Geräte-Manager) some changes visible, if you plug in or out the keyboard. Possibly, Windows has installed the Keyboard as som kind of standard HID-Device which now don't allow responces
In this case have you first installed the software, and then pluged in dhe keyboard or inverse. I don't know if this does matter for the optimus, but for other devices (like webcam or USB-Audio devices) it is important to install the software before the first Plugin. So I have installed the optimus also in this way.

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:16 am

Hi,
first again: Thaaaaaaank you for your response.
secondly: sorry for my english again

Yes, i tried different usb cables (two) and different usb ports (all i could find + i bought an "PCI usb port thing" with it's own "whatever chip" - no result)

I installed the configurator days before my optimus arrived, on my friends laptop i did it the wrong way i think (can't remeber) but today i tested another XP Pc on wich i definitely first installed the configurator and afterwards plugged in the keyboard - but as allways no reaction.
Although i think it is (if its not just a hardware problem of the keyboard) a driver problem too. Because in the device manager (i appreciate your translation) a lot of things change when i unplug the keyboard, but nothing sounds optimus maximus specific. just standart usb whatever connections. and the keyboard IS just detected as HID using the standart windows driver. is there a specific driver for the optimus? When i set the optimus into the update mode the first time, windows detected it as a new device an i selected the "Driver for DFU" folder. it installed the driver and said that everything should work fine now. as you know, it didn't. I (don't know how to say that in english correctly) "put windows with the repair tool to an earlier point". This time i selected the "Driver for DFU2" folder. No result as well.
BUT, in both cases, the keyboard was listed in the device manager as HID with the standart windows driver.

Is there a way to install the correct driver?

Thank you very much so far

Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:53 am
Art Lebedev Software Developer

Post Re: Nothing happens when configurator is activaded - please help
Can you confirm that your keyboard works on the Mac it with firmware version 0.75?

In normal mode Maximus not require nonstandart drivers. Drivers needed only for DFU (device firmware upgrade) mode.

Please, make screenshot Device Manager window with Maximus. Use View->Devices by connection menu command. In normal state it should look like this:

Also, you can try to completely disable antivirus software. There are cases where it helps.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi Pretender,

fist my screenshot:

Secondly, i can confirm that it works great on my mac! Configurator detects the maximus a few seconds after i started the program and i can configure all the keys.

When i removed and re-installed my vista, i had no antivirus software installed, just the configurator and the keyboard didn't worked.

What can i do now?

Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:20 am
Art Lebedev Software Developer

derpfeffer wrote:
Secondly, i can confirm that it works great on my mac! Configurator detects the maximus a few seconds after i started the program and i can configure all the keys.

Please report an exact version number of Maximus firmware. Use Mac Configurator for this.

Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:17 am