It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:52 am

Will typing be improved on Popularis? 

Post Will typing be improved on Popularis?
Hello,

The Maximus keyboard got the same verdict in practically all reviews: It is not suited for typing. It goes without saying that this is a pretty important aspect of keyboards, I am interested in knowing if this criticism has been / will be addressed in the new Popularis?

Will the Popularis be easier to type on, than the Maximus? If yes, what kinds of changes has been / will be made?

Thanks on advance!

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:39 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Will typing be improved on Popularis?
Verdict is out at the moment! If Art use the same technology as in the current keyboard then the typing experience will be the same. If rumour is true then it will be improved. I have been using the OM for about a year and a half and I think typing on it is ok as long as you are not writing your next biography. Main issue is with sticky and heavy keys. Remove the stick and the CLICK then they have a winning design. :)

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:44 am

Post Re: Will typing be improved on Popularis?
mostdom wrote:
Verdict is out at the moment! If Art use the same technology as in the current keyboard then the typing experience will be the same. If rumour is true then it will be improved. I have been using the OM for about a year and a half and I think typing on it is ok as long as you are not writing your next biography. Main issue is with sticky and heavy keys. Remove the stick and the CLICK then they have a winning design. :)

Yeah, that's what I heard, that it is alright for typing but not very good for larger bodies of text. Will be receiving my OM in a week or 2, and really looking forward to testing it for myself. I hope they will improve the experience though (judging from the reviews), as then the keyboard will start to be *really* usable for office workers, who occassionally has to type a longer document. We're designing some cool software products to be sold, bundled with an OM (or any display keyboard) for exactly office workers. We are sure though, that it won't be very popular until there is a keyboard, which has all the mind bending perspectives of a full display keyboard (OM or otherwise), but with a good to great typing experience.

It will be interesting to see if Art Lebedev studios will be first with such a product, or if it will be competitors such as Apple og Logitech, that will take the prize :)

Thanks for the response!

Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:46 pm
Profile WWW