It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:23 pm

Chat layer? 

Post Chat layer?
So I have a layer for Counter-Strike:Source that I am pretty satisfied with. However I can't seem to manage to get my "chat layer" to work. What I want to do is when I press the Y key, it switches to my "chat layer" instead. I have managed to toggle layer back and forth, but every key in my Counter-Strike:Source layer that is changed/modified blocks the chat layer keys. So only the keys that aren't busy will appear when I toggle from my Counter-Strike layer to my chat layer.

Is there any way I can ENTIRELY toggle layer? So I can get my chat layer up when I bring up the chat in Counter-Strike:Source? If so, please tell me how.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:31 am

Post Re: Chat layer?
If the chat used a separate .exe program not a problem but as I suspect that chat is just another aspect of couterstrike then no. It is possible that it could be done with some clever scripting but that is over my head.

As for the layers not performing as intended I would again suggest you look at the order of the layers so that the chat layer is above the normal game layer and use a key switch to flip between them. The layer above must specifically change the function of the layer key below otherwise the key below is in control.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Post Re: Chat layer?
mostdom wrote:
If the chat used a separate .exe program not a problem but as I suspect that chat is just another aspect of couterstrike then no. It is possible that it could be done with some clever scripting but that is over my head.

As for the layers not performing as intended I would again suggest you look at the order of the layers so that the chat layer is above the normal game layer and use a key switch to flip between them. The layer above must specifically change the function of the layer key below otherwise the key below is in control.

Okey. I have done a lot of experimenting. Since I thought, if the language layers can do so, why not my own custom layers?
Don't ask me why I did it, but it seems to work best this way. And I thought it would be good to share this with others.

1. Put the "Chat" layer above my "Gaming" layer.
2. On the "Chat" layer I put 2 conditions. When Counter-Strike:Source "is active" and...
3. ...second condition is "Lock keys" => Scroll"
4. On my "Gaming" layer I put the condition When Counter-Strike:Source "is active"

I did not manage to get my Y key to toggle the layer, but atleast my scroll lock will do that for me now. Whenever I want to see the "chat" layer instead, I will just toggle it back and forth with scroll lock. Whenever I quit Counter-Strike:Source, these layers will disappear and I will return back to my normal Windows layer :)

Maybe not the best solution, but it's a work-around for those who don't want to make advanced scripts/plugins.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:37 am