It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:39 am

how do you use the memory card 

Post how do you use the memory card
if you want to save a layout via export how do you do this?
also what is the purpose of the folders named 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14 on the disk when you read it from a reader? any info would be apreaciated.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Post Re: how do you use the memory card
Hi Nouse and welcome to the forum.

Firstly be aware that most of the information on the card is managed by the Configurator Software, so make a backup of the card before modifying anything.

The folders are the locations of all the scripts, images, fonts etc that the keyboard needs to run quickly eleavating the need to pass all that data over usb. DO NOT MANUALLY ALTER THIS unless you know what you are doing.

Importing and exporting Layers and Images should be done within the Configurator. Select the layer (or layer group) you want to save, select export layer, and save to where you want to store it. To restore it use import layer and choosse it from your saved location.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:52 am

ok let me try to expand on above:

folder00=all black squares.
folder01=mostly black squares (I think this one is modified for helloworld text as I downloaded it from this board).
folder02=looks like number pad keys, function keys, music note, some chinese, and other symbols.
folder03=almost the same minus chinese and plus some letters but not all of them.. idk?

more than half of these have never showed up on my keyboard, so one must ask who and what created these folders and why? and how can I edit to make my own standard layout (what is shown when no program is running it).

moving on to import \ export
I can export a LAYOUT, where do you put this? I would think you would just import a LAYOUT also but its not in the menu.

I would think you could have you layout running without the layout config program running. Is this possible and how?

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Ok, this is a regular question.

Firstly the folders are nessesary and are a factory installed feature which allows the keyboard to be a cross platform, multinational device. If you delete something important you will have to ask Art Lebedev for the files again, less you back them up.

Exporting and importing are really for backup purposes only but as you say also come in useful to converting the default layout.

So yes you can change some of the keys to be displayed without Configurator running but if any keys have a script or link attached, they will not work without configurator.

Follow the instructions here

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:26 pm