It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:27 am

World of Warcraft 

Post World of Warcraft
I have started to make WoW layout. But for some reason OM Configurator doesn't see WoW when active. Any help would be appreciated.
So as soon as I will be able to see all layers in WoW and test it I will post complete layout.
Here is brief preview of what I am doing:

Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Post Re: World of Warcraft
I am still unable to see layout in WoW. Configurator can not detect WoW when it is active.
Help!

Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:40 pm

I have found this on a few of my games but as yet have not been bothered to ask the art guys about the problem. I believe it is mainly due to the different way that windows runs it's active programs in comparison with a mac.

A quick fix to this would be to forget about trying to set the layer to run when the program is active, but instead to bring it up the list so it becomes your primary layer over the default keys, and disable it when not in use.

I know this is not ideally the way the keyboard should work but until I know of a better way or if one of the art devs provides a better alternative, it'll work.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:30 pm

Pretender could you please comment on OMC unable to detect several running applications (including WoW)?

Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:52 pm

OK. Since OMC 0.0.0.16 finally works fine with WoW, here is my WoW Warlock layout.
It will look something like this:
There are two languages available in layout: English and Russian.
World of Warcraft layer (ver.1.0)

PS
I believe you can use it on Macs with some minor adjustments.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:49 am

Thanks for this because I will use the Russian Language. :) :P

Great post!Simulation pret immobilier

Sun May 17, 2009 7:34 pm

Re: World of Warcraft
Now what we really need is a WoW addon that will auto populate some of the keys with the correct icons of the spells you have bound to them. It could start with the number keys and the icons on bar1. Later maybe being able to configure in the addon which bar to map icons for the number pad (where - and + on keypad are last 2 keys) and the application buttons on the left side of the keyboard (knowing that there are only 10 buttons, so the last 2 icons will not be represented on the keyboard).

Now I am not a programmer, but this doesn't seem to far fetched! I also think this could drive a lot of keyboard sales as there are MILLIONS of WoW players. (hint hint, Art.Lebedev Studio ;-)

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:26 am

Secondary brilliant thought... What if the graphics of the keys actually came from a piece of the actual monitor display. Maybe you could draw selection boxes on the screen as the live graphics for a button. That way the keys on the keyboard would always have the correct icon, even if you have in the game function changed based on in-game variables (such as if target is help or harm). This could also make the keyboard super useful for lots of other games without the need to do special programming.
The best way I could think of for drawing the selection boxes and assigning them to keyboard button displays is through the use of a screenshot taken in-game and a special program of some kind.

What does everyone think?

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:51 am

Thank you very much for that post!

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:59 am
Profile WWW

How do you switch characters (or specs)? Use the switch by action and make a key that does Layer switching/toggle? Check/uncheck layers in configurator everytime before starting WoW?

I guess that is where my idea of key displays coming from selected areas of the monitor display. That would keep them up to date with what ever character/spec and auto update when you change rotations around in the game. I have seen a small LCD display from ThinkGeek that connects USB (no VGA/DVI connector needed) as a second monitor, so it must be possible to get display info via USB.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:19 am