It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:55 am

Standard layouts (.tiff format) 

Post Re: Standard layouts (.tiff format)
Download from the apple website the pc version of Safari. It is still only a beta but it is already far superior to IE*. Download it, install the plugins and away you go. It is now my default browser on my xp machine.

As for installing these images onto configurator you will need a good image editor or paint program to export a .bmp layer to, as once you save it it will automatically save it back to configurator and display your shiny new layer on your keyboard.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Thank you for the suggestion mostdom...

Unfortunately it's not my habit to install browsers starting from a single need. And this is not even allowed into my company.

I've already received suggestions in the past to install Firefox, Opera, and now Safari and I think the list may and could continue...

The problem is only on GETTING the layouts from the forum, not using TIFF files themselves which I have been using for almost 20 years right now... I have used them on the Amiga looooong in the past...

As I already said, I'll "forget" about the MAC layouts area until I'll find a possible solution. I don't want to create a big mess here.

Thank you again for the suggestions anyway.

BR

Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:27 pm

When I posted my layouts tried posting them as .bmp's but this site refused to load them the only other option would be gifs and jpgs but the problem with those is the tendency for software to compress them. Compressing these images would make them look really crappy on the keyboards.

Atomic: Is there anything in the forum tool kit that may help with the IE7 users.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:59 pm
Site Admin

ill see what i can dig up - in the meantime we can zip the files for those having issues.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Atomic wrote:
...in the meantime we can zip the files for those having issues.

I'll look again at adding an additional zip to mine! Maybe a stickey post on both the pc and mac layout forums about temporary upload rules regarding adding an additional zip for IE users would help!

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:04 pm