It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:02 pm

What... 
Art Lebedev Software Developer

Post What...
What features configurator you use most often?
What does not understand how they work? ^__^
What are the problems most irritate?

Sat May 24, 2008 3:57 am

Post Re: What...
1. I am trying to make group of layers for every application I use.
Firs of all standard Windows keyboard shortcuts.
But there is no WIN key in modifiers list. Could you please add it?
I am also waiting for ability to launch different applications with modifier. (the issue I've described before). Anna suggested to "use Modes plugin for now". Unfortunately I didn't figure out how it works.

2. I have also spotted strange OM behavior when you open command line interface (cmd.exe). The keyboard is not responding for some time (about a minute). It appears to be the case only during first time you launch cmd.exe.

3. When I press the button shown in screen-shot below it produce comma even though the key shows dot. How can I fix it?

4. And of course it's annoying when keyboard hangs up and I need to power cycle it to restore functionality. The problem still persist through new versions. But I guess it is firmware problem...

5. (Off Topic) One more thing on mechanical side. I've noticed that inside surface of plastic cover on some keys (left Ctrl, Space bar, Enter...) touches the key itself when pressed in the same top-left corner. And the plastic cover started to wear out in this spot. It is nothing to worry about for now but it will become noticeable in some time. May be I press these keys too hard? :D Will I be able to order several plastic covers in future?

-----
Firmware: 0.67b
OMC: 0.0.0.13
Windows XP Pro SP3

Sat May 24, 2008 5:53 pm

Niko wrote:

Yes, perhaps even as early as next version.

Niko wrote:
I am also waiting for ability to launch different applications with modifier. (the issue I've described before). Anna suggested to "use Modes plugin for now". Unfortunately I didn't figure out how it works.

Setting Toggle condition described here.

1. Add "Switch by action" Condition on some Layer;
2. Select "Toggle condition" Action on some Button;
3. In Action properties select Layer from step 1.

As a result pressing the Button will change activity of the Layer. Yes, this is not quite what pressing the button with the modifier. But very close, and may be even easier.

Niko wrote:
2. I have also spotted strange OM behavior when you open command line interface (cmd.exe). The keyboard is not responding for some time (about a minute). It appears to be the case only during first time you launch cmd.exe.

We have a few descriptions of such problems, but I really never got to reproduce it. Try solve this problem "in blind" in the next release.

Niko wrote:
3. When I press the button shown in screen-shot below it produce comma even though the key shows dot. How can I fix it?

You can set an image to correspond buttons themselves. Future versions will try to do it automatically.

Niko wrote:
4. And of course it's annoying when keyboard hangs up and I need to power cycle it to restore functionality. The problem still persist through new versions. But I guess it is firmware problem...

How exactly does this occur? Hits cease to operate? In all, or parts of buttons? Stops at this point whether the updated pictures?

Niko wrote:
5. (Off Topic) One more thing on mechanical side. I've noticed that inside surface of plastic cover on some keys (left Ctrl, Space bar, Enter...) touches the key itself when pressed in the same top-left corner. And the plastic cover started to wear out in this spot. It is nothing to worry about for now but it will become noticeable in some time. May be I press these keys too hard? Will I be able to order several plastic covers in future?

About this ask our engineers on Monday. ^__^

Sat May 24, 2008 6:43 pm

Niko wrote:

Added in 0.0.0.14

Niko wrote:

I hope, fixed in 0.0.0.14

Wed May 28, 2008 3:41 am

I still would like a one click backup and restore of ALL Configurator settings and layers. Would be good for experimenting with new layers.

Thu May 29, 2008 12:34 am

I did have a go at exporting a layout to replace the default layer on the sd card. I just tried to export my current main layer which has a few url linked keys which I knew wouldn't work, as a test. unfortunately the results were a complete mess! Some of keys didn't export, some were off center, some just went fuzzy. I managed to restored my back up of the sd card and vowed never to try again. Is there a secret method to doing this right?

Thu May 29, 2008 12:43 am

mostdom wrote:
I did have a go at exporting a layout to replace the default layer on the sd card. I just tried to export my current main layer which has a few url linked keys which I knew wouldn't work, as a test. unfortunately the results were a complete mess! Some of keys didn't export, some were off center, some just went fuzzy. I managed to restored my back up of the sd card and vowed never to try again. Is there a secret method to doing this right?

There is no secrets. Plug-ins are not exported. Everything else should be processed correctly. Send us an archive with such wrong layout and we try to look into this issue.

Thu May 29, 2008 2:11 am

mostdom wrote:
I still would like a one click backup and restore of ALL Configurator settings and layers. Would be good for experimenting with new layers.

Import/export commands is not enough to solve this problem?

Thu May 29, 2008 2:26 am

Pretender wrote:
Import/export commands is not enough to solve this problem?

Import/export is only good for individual layers! I'm thinking of a backup for the whole program should I have to re-install windows.

I could re-install configurator and re-instate my setting as they were before. Also if I were to have a go at testing a new feature, I could re-instate my settings if all were to go wrong!

Pretender wrote:
Send us an archive with such wrong layout and we try to look into this issue.

I will risk all and have another go to see where I went wrong and report back! :|

Thu May 29, 2008 6:24 am

mostdom wrote:
I will risk all and have another go to see where I went wrong and report back! :|

Ok! I got it to work this time. Still went funny first time around but I figured out my mistakes. :geek:

Fri May 30, 2008 4:41 am