It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:13 am

What... 

Post Re: What...
Pretender wrote:
Niko wrote:
there is no WIN key in modifiers list. Could you please add it?
Added in 0.0.0.14
Thanks a lot! :D

Pretender wrote:
Niko wrote:
strange OM behavior when you open command line interface
I hope, fixed in 0.0.0.14
Yes it is! :D

Pretender wrote:
Niko wrote:
I am also waiting for ability to launch different applications with modifier. (the issue I've described before).
Setting Toggle condition described here.
Yep, it was easy enough. :) Here's what I did:
Image Image
But, I've sacrificed two keys for two toggles - F7 and F8 keys on the picture above. So launching applications with modifier is still welcome!
One more question here: Is it possible to assign two icons for layer toggle button to see if it on or off, just like Caps Lock/Num Lock?

Pretender wrote:
Niko wrote:
When I press the button shown in screen-shot below it produce comma even though the key shows dot. How can I fix it?
You can set an image to correspond buttons themselves. Future versions will try to do it automatically.
Actually I really want this button to be the dot. So the question should be: Is it possible to assign specific character code for the button? Or should I correct it somewhere in Windows standard keyboard layout?

Pretender wrote:
Niko wrote:
And of course it's annoying when keyboard hangs up and I need to power cycle it to restore functionality. The problem still persist through new versions. But I guess it is firmware problem...
How exactly does this occur? Hits cease to operate? In all, or parts of buttons? Stops at this point whether the updated pictures?
In most cases I had not responsive any number of buttons from "aqweasdzxcv", also any USB-devices connected to keyboard (mice,iPhone) disappeared from Windows.
Also I should say that this didn't happen again since 0.0.0.14... :)

Pretender wrote:
Niko wrote:
5. (Off Topic) One more thing on mechanical side. I've noticed that inside surface of plastic cover on some keys (left Ctrl, Space bar, Enter...) touches the key itself when pressed in the same top-left corner. And the plastic cover started to wear out in this spot. It is nothing to worry about for now but it will become noticeable in some time. May be I press these keys too hard? Will I be able to order several plastic covers in future?
About this ask our engineers on Monday. ^__^
Image Image Image

-----
Firmware: 0.67b
OMC: 0.0.0.14
Windows XP Pro SP3

Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:15 am
Art Lebedev Software Developer

Niko wrote:
But, I've sacrificed two keys for two toggles - F7 and F8 keys on the picture above. So launching applications with modifier is still welcome!

We hope to resolve this problem.

Niko wrote:
One more question here: Is it possible to assign two icons for layer toggle button to see if it on or off, just like Caps Lock/Num Lock?

You can define this keys in toggled laeyers with toggled icon. :geek:

Niko wrote:
Actually I really want this button to be the dot. So the question should be: Is it possible to assign specific character code for the button?

In configurator you can use String plugin.

Niko wrote:
Or should I correct it somewhere in Windows standard keyboard layout?

Configurable in Control panel->Regional and language options->Customize...->Decimal symbol

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:54 am

Pretender wrote:
Niko wrote:
Or should I correct it somewhere in Windows standard keyboard layout?
Configurable in Control panel->Regional and language options->Customize...->Decimal symbol
Oops! :oops: My bad! :lol:

Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:10 am

Niko wrote:
Pretender wrote:
Niko wrote:
5. (Off Topic) One more thing on mechanical side. I've noticed that inside surface of plastic cover on some keys (left Ctrl, Space bar, Enter...) touches the key itself when pressed in the same top-left corner. And the plastic cover started to wear out in this spot. It is nothing to worry about for now but it will become noticeable in some time. May be I press these keys too hard? Will I be able to order several plastic covers in future?
About this ask our engineers on Monday. ^__^
Image Image Image

Their answer is: We are aware of this problem and yes, you may order plastic caps from us.

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:19 pm

I can't seem to run application parameters so I'm launching a batch file for the mean time.
The key sequence feature still doesn't seem to work for creating macros - this would be really nice.
I would really like some new fancy plugins, but it seems as though further development is only happening at the Mac level.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:39 am

jkibbey wrote:
I can't seem to run application parameters so I'm launching a batch file for the mean time.

Please explain details.
jkibbey wrote:
The key sequence feature still doesn't seem to work for creating macros - this would be really nice.

Work in this direction until frozen.
jkibbey wrote:
I would really like some new fancy plugins, but it seems as though further development is only happening at the Mac level.

Please list the desirable plugins.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:09 am

Problem:
10 extra buttons on the left are not enough ;-). Approx. 6 Buttons are enoug for the "every day use" Applications. But there are a lot of other Application like office tools, games etc. which you use not every day, but often.

Idea:
Two (may be three) buttons combined as some kind of a toggle switch. One display shows the application icon, if pressed, the selected Application starts. The other (or the two other) are to switch to the next (or the last) icon in the list.
I know, that this can be realized with a lot of layers. But the configuration and specialy changes would be very difficult.

Idea:
Something like the "tea time countdown" on linux. Means some kind of stopwatch and/or countdown timer.

Idea:
An appointment reminder similar to the E-Mail Plugin.

Idea:
Some kind of demo Layer which shows all features of the optimus as a loop. It can be maybe helpful for sale prasentation. Colorful, flashing things are grabbing attention from the people.

If you need some further informaitons, feel free to contact me.

All these are nice to have features and nothing vital ;-)

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:02 pm

Gurit wrote:
Problem:
10 extra buttons on the left are not enough ;-). Approx. 6 Buttons are enoug for the "every day use" Applications. But there are a lot of other Application like office tools, games etc. which you use not every day, but often.

Idea:
Two (may be three) buttons combined as some kind of a toggle switch. One display shows the application icon, if pressed, the selected Application starts. The other (or the two other) are to switch to the next (or the last) icon in the list.
I know, that this can be realized with a lot of layers. But the configuration and specialy changes would be very difficult.

You talk about Layer swicher plugin. ^__^

1. Add "Switch by action" Condition on some Layer;
2. Select "Toggle condition" Action on some Button;
3. In Action properties select Layer from step 1.

As a result pressing the Button will change activity of the Layer.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:17 pm

Could you please implement some kind of hardware monitoring plugin?
Temperatures, Fan speed, S.M.A.R.T info, Frequencies, Voltages, etc.

Quick tip for data acquisition from one of the monitoring software - SpeedFan (support a lot of hardware monitor chips).
Data is stored in SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv files in following format (sensor labels from my pc):
Code:
Seconds   Cpu   Cpu Core   Case   Chipset   200Gb HDD   300Gb HDD   Chipset   ICE
1   48.0   59.0   50.0   45.0   47.0   47.0   2519   1541
4   48.0   60.0   50.0   44.0   47.0   47.0   2519   1541
7   48.0   59.0   49.0   44.0   47.0   47.0   2519   1547
10   48.0   59.0   49.0   44.0   47.0   47.0   2519   1547
All columns divided by tab.

So the idea is to send the number from any column to the OM button every time it updates.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:22 am

Niko wrote:
Could you please implement some kind of hardware monitoring plugin?
Temperatures, Fan speed, S.M.A.R.T info, Frequencies, Voltages, etc.

There is no universal way to obtain this kind of information on Win/PC

SpeedFan works unstable for me.

But thanks for the idea. Perhaps a good solution would be universal plug displaying information from any file with his change.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:35 am