It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:31 am

Cannot get the modifier do what I would need... 

Post Cannot get the modifier do what I would need...
Well, probably I'm somewhat dumb, but...

... at this point I want it to be proved... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm using MS Flight Simulator. And developing an OM layout...

I've created the new group called "Flight Simulator" which contains actually 4 layers: NORMAL, SHIFT, CTRL and NUM LOCK.
The group has an activation condition on MS FS being active.
The layers have (each one) the needed conditions specified (no condition, modifier SHIFT, modifier CTRL and Lock NUM).

On the normal layer I have the DOT key modified with DRAW TEXT "BRAKES", while the function is the default key.
On the CTRL layer I have the same DOT key modified with DRAW TEXT "PARKING BRAKES", leaving the function as the default key.
BUT, while other keys which do not have modifications on the normal layer actually change when CTRL is pressed, the DOT key always shows BRAKES, instead of PARKING BRAKES.

The functionality of the key is OK, but the alignment of the layer is not...

What the hell am I firgetting behind ???

Also, I noticed I'm reporting difficulties if I would like to specify a certain key has to input another character instead the original one which is originally present on the "country" keyboard: if I want to use the option "Other verb", a keyboard layout should let me choose which character to input, but the only characters I may input HAS to be the one on that keyboard... no other options...
Try to have that key enter the character "="... it seems to me it is not possible !!!

Now I wait someone prove I'm dumb... ;-)

BR
Michele

Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:13 am

Post Re: Cannot get the modifier do what I would need...
Hi Mix

When useing the modifier try this. In your layer group reorder the layers so that the default layer ie your main, always seen layer is at the bottom of the list and that all the shift, ctrl, alt, modified layers are above it.

As with changing the default command of the keys you can use either the OTHER VERB option which allows you to change the acion of trhe key to any of the other default keys or use the FUNCTION STRING option and paste the desired letter into the box. I changed my space bar temporarily to a german ΓΌ for this experiment and it works fine.

Attachment:
File comment: Key modifier
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg [ 58.21 KiB | Viewed 12080 times ]

Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:57 am

Love this quickness !!! :D

Thank you mostdom.

I succeeded in changing the order of the layers (which I dunno remember having read anywhere... ).

There still is a small problem on using the FUNCTION STRING as suggested, as I tried applying to the SHIFT-0 key (so that, pressing SHIFT plus the ZERO key, the one above O & P for you to understand), using the string "=" (as it should anyway already be, using the Italian keyboard layout) but MS Flight Simulator is not zooming in...

At this point last night I was indeed too tired to double check the reasons of this, which I'm not sure are not depending on MS Flight Simulator itself... so I'll be back on this again if I don't find the solution...

Thank you very much for the moment

Ciao
Mix

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:24 pm

mix wrote:
There still is a small problem on using the FUNCTION STRING as suggested, as I tried applying to the SHIFT-0 key (so that, pressing SHIFT plus the ZERO key, the one above O & P for you to understand), using the string "=" (as it should anyway already be, using the Italian keyboard layout) but MS Flight Simulator is not zooming in...

I think I remember having that problem with ms flight sim too but with a normal keyboard. Hmmm.

I don't know if the function string would fix that. Meditate on this I will!

Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:28 am

mostdom wrote:
I think I remember having that problem with ms flight sim too but with a normal keyboard. Hmmm.

I don't know if the function string would fix that. Meditate on this I will!

And you were right !!!

The first problem was due to the fact that one was not the correct KEY... I had to search for it on the keyboard, but finally discovered the printed manual is almost a waste of paper, since it is not even correct...

It was not "=" but "+" !!! :evil:

Nevertheless, I discovered that using the STRING option, the reactivity of the keyboard is really BORING: I had to press the key 5 times to have the character come out of the keyboard...
Or to keep it pressed for three seconds to have the string (ONE character !!!) come out...
Not counting that the layer was continuosly switching between the NORMAL and the SHIFT ones... a little bit disappointing...

Anyway, since I solved without it, I think I won't use the string option in the future...

When do you think a manual for Configurator will come out ? If it ever will ??? :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:43 am

mix wrote:
When do you think a manual for Configurator will come out ? If it ever will ??? :mrgreen:

The only manuals available are the ones on the Artl website. There is a few things of interest in them but best place to learn is here or through trial and error. I'm sure there are some other cool things this keyboard does that I don't even know about yet! :)

Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:01 pm