It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:47 pm

Refresh times 
Site Admin

Post Refresh times
I just wanted to know if the the current lag in key refresh times is something that will improve with newer versions of firmware? Is this a firmware based tweak or is the hardware chip driving the displays the limiting factor?

For this keyboard to be truly an essential tool, refresh times must get to near instant. This is because as you become accustomed to layouts you will essentially be working faster (which is why I bought the Maximus). If I begin working faster than the keyboard, then this will become an issue - its already starting to be honest.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:46 pm

Post Re: Refresh times
Atomic wrote:
If I begin working faster than the keyboard, then this will become an issue - its already starting to be honest.

SOoo true... :P

Having to pause at times to see where certain symbols are, is tiresome, even on the less laggy windows firmware!

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:29 pm

Post Re: Refresh times
I'm assuming that it's not a hardware limitation in the keyboard display chipset as refresh is much quicker when running from the SD card which presumably uses the same display chipset. I'm assuming that the problem is with sending the revised display data via USB from configurator.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:10 pm