It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Has anyone been able upgrade with their instructions? 
Art Lebedev Software Developer

Post Re: Has anyone been able upgrade with their instructions?
1) VirtualDisk is not a SD card, it's a actually special non-existent disk (virtual) that can be used by any software to control Maximus. So instead of writing complex USB drivers for every version of Windows and Mac OS X, you can use Maximus with any computer setup, like Linux. You could even push new images and instructions to it by simply editing and copying files on it's virtual file-system.

2) As for now, 0.62 is the latest stable version of Maximus firmware. If you have 0.6x version or newer, you don't need to use the instructions from the first post, both PC and Mac Configurators can update your firmware via just one click. I don't remember where it is exactly on a PC Configurator, but on a Mac – updater is opened from a main menu (Command+Shift+F)

3) There were some internal firmware updates on this week. For example, 0.63 works almost twice as faster than usual. We'll put it in the next Configurator update as soon, as it will be stable and safe to install.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:54 pm
Profile WWW

I apologize if this post is little outta place.

I am attenpting to update my Maximus to the newest firmware.

1. Downloaded the firmware zip file.
2. Disconnected both USB and Power Plugs.
3. Pushed the toggle switch in using a plastic tool and reinserted power plug, keyboard went into target mode, Ie black keys and no startup tests.
4.Windows did see the new device, but neither driver, Driver_for_DFU or Driver_for_DFU2 worked on Windows XP 64bit, Windows 2000 or Vista 64bit.

My question is what version of Windows is required to do this upgrade, as I have a laptop I can install what ever version is needed to preform this initial firmware upgrade until the configurator can do it w/o this method. Or is there new drivers arround?

Thanks

Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:15 pm

I couldn't get the update to work with Vista x64, but it worked just fine using a laptop with xp sp2. Hope this helps!

Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:18 am

I downgraded my xp64 back to xp32 before I received mine. My mini three doesn't work with xp64 and I didn't expect the maximus software work either. As with Aenoxi the update worked fine with xp sp2.

Nothing works with xp64. :evil:

Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:10 pm

I wouldn't say nothing... minesweeper still rocks... ;)

BTW, once you have updated the keyboard firmware using another machine, the configurator software and keyboard drivers work fine with Vista x64 (or at least, no worse than they do with XPsp2 :? )

Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:47 pm

Nope, i just CAN'T get past step 5:-" Provided that the above steps are preformed correctly, the keyboard is deteted as a new device. You are asked to specify the driver's location - use the path to the files extracted in step 1. To ensure compatibility, the package includes a number of drivers."

in the "Add new hardware wizard" i can't find the drivers? The wizard will NOT let me browse directly to them? I can see the folder but i can't open it to get at the files?

I've followed the instructions but now none of the keys are lighting up, i can still use the keyboard to type with but no display on the keys.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:02 am

Which firmware are you trying to install? You should be able to use the firmware installer within the Configurator.

With reference to no keys displayed, this is probably because it is still in dfu mode. While still plugged in, press the reset switch inside the kensington lock point.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:22 pm

mostdom wrote:
Which firmware are you trying to install? You should be able to use the firmware installer within the Configurator.

With reference to no keys displayed, this is probably because it is still in dfu mode. While still plugged in, press the reset switch inside the kensington lock point.

Silly me, i should have mentioned it before, Trying to go from V076b to 077a, and it is configuration 0.0.17.
The rest button worked :D I know have display back.
THANKYOU very much for the help. :D :D

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Glad to hear it. ;)

Another way to install the 77a firmware is to download the upgrade.zip file and unzip it to the sd card on the keyboard. On the card you will find a upgrade.bin file that needs to be replaced with the new one. Make a quick backup of the original, and overwrite it with the new one. You should see the keyboard reset and Configurator should report you have the new firmware.

I would recommend resetting everything again manually afterwards just in case.

Remember that the 77a firmware is still a beta and may contain unknown bugs!

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:48 pm

After manual flash (had to get a WindBlows box :-) ) updating worked fine.
Manual flash instructions are not too clear - must also manually install the OptiMax USB driver before upgrading will work...

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:30 am