It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Has anyone been able upgrade with their instructions? 

Post Re: Has anyone been able upgrade with their instructions?
The first thing I did after installing the OM was to check for updates. I used the Configurator v. 0.0.0.18 and upgraded the firmware to v. 0.77d. Immediately the keys went dark, though the keyboard will type. Now, in Updates under the Firmware Version tab, there is "Current: [Device not connected]". The Configurator is keeping me at version 0.77d and will not let me go to an earlier version.

I have attempted to follow the instructions here and elsewhere regarding pressing the Kensington lock, and unconnecting/reconnecting the power supply and USB connector. None of it does any good. When using the MassDFUApplication, I got the same problem as someone else here on the site, who cannot get past the new Topology step.

I am using XP Home edition, completely up-to-date. What should be my next step?

Thanks in advance,

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:33 am

Assuming you have performed all the steps correctly I might be inclined to try the manual installation method on another machine without configurator installed.

Or let me know what you did up to where it goes wrong!

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:48 am

I do not have another computer available for testing.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:01 am

Another option if you haven't already tried it is, while it is still plugged in, press the reset switch inside the kensington lock point as it might still be in DFU mode!

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:05 pm

I will do that. As per the on-line instructions, I have have only pressed it with the keyboard unplugged.

Here are some other questions, as they may be important:

Does it make a difference whether another keyboard is also plugged in? I have the PS/2 keyboard that came with the computer. This was still plugged in the entire time I was installing the Optimus Maximus.

I also have been using as the favored keyboard a Logitech USB model. This was not plugged in during OM installation, but its iTouch software was still running.

Could any of this have interfered?

Thanks.
Derek

Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:06 am

Derek wrote:
Does it make a difference whether another keyboard is also plugged in? I have the PS/2 keyboard that came with the computer. This was still plugged in the entire time I was installing the Optimus Maximus.

I also have been using as the favored keyboard a Logitech USB model. This was not plugged in during OM installation, but its iTouch software was still running.

In both cases it shouldn't interfere at all. PS/2 is a keyboard standard and is essentially waiting for keyboard commands, Usb is driver orientated and only works once paired with the right drivers to tell the computer how to use it, so the other USB keyboard software is simply ignored. There is however a small chance that some interference could occur, but is very rare.

Resetting the switch should hopefully get the OM recognised by configurator and you can roll back the firmware normally.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:19 am